To write and submit your review via our web-based application, you can click on the link within the assignment email you have received, or you can log in from the application login page.
Please refer to these illustrated instructions (PDF) when logging into the new database for the first time and for creating and sending your review.
- All reviews should be submitted via our web-based review application.
- For the review application to run properly, you must use Mozilla’s Firefox, which is free to download. Chrome is also supported, and is also free to download.
- Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- The application is in active development, so if you run into any issues, the first step should be to clear your browser’s cache. If you’re not sure how to do that, refer to these instructions (PDF).
- Please keep a copy of your review in case it is lost in transmission to us. If you have technical difficulties with submitting your review, please contact Tyler Hixon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I forget my username and password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Username and Password,” and your username and temporary password will be emailed to the address we have on file.
Once you have logged into the system, reset your password under “My Profile.”
If you haven’t received a copy of the detailed instructions for logging in and creating and sending your review, please contact Tyler Hixon.
How do I know whether the review has been submitted?
Once “Submit Review” has been checked, you will get a notification saying “Updated the review Status to [Review Submitted] successfully” and your update button will no longer be operable.
I have not received a notification about a title assignment, but have received a book in the mail. What should I do?
- Check your junk mail or spam. The assignment will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you can’t find the email, log into the application, click “next” and “search” for the title to see if it has been assigned to you.
- If you still cannot locate a title assignment, contact your editor or, for a first assignment, Tyler Hixon.
I cannot click the “Submit Review” box. What should I do?
Click “Save” then “Update” and then check “Submit Review.”
If these options aren’t appearing at all, clear your cache. If the problem isn’t resolved, please contact Tyler Hixon.
The review box is not available for review. What should I do?
Firefox is the preferred browser for this application, and Chrome is also supported. If Internet Explorer is running, the review box will not appear. Please do not use Internet Explorer.
If the box still isn’t appearing, clear your cache. If the problem isn’t resolved, please contact Tyler Hixon.