To bookend last week’s list of January nonfiction, here are five novels to start the New Year. They range from the highly anticipated next novel of a book club favorite to the end of an iconic fantasy series. Each should ensure a good first month of reading.
- The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier (Dutton)
- Tiger Rag by Nicholas Christopher (Dial Press)
- Semper Fidelis: A Novel of the Roman Empire by Ruth Downie (Bloomsbury USA)
- A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (Tor)
- Little Wolves by Thomas Maltman (Soho Press)