The start of 2013 promises many things, with twelve new months for reading among them. Here are four nonfiction books to look forward to in January (plus one that came out very late in December, but shouldn’t be missed).
- On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield (Gotham)
- Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road by William Least Heat-Moon (Little, Brown and Company)
- Engineers of Victory: The Problem Solvers Who Turned The Tide in the Second World War by Paul Kennedy (Random House)
- The Universe Within: Discovering the Common History of Rocks, Planets, and People by Neil Shubin (Pantheon)
- Jungleland: A Mysterious Lost City, a WWII Spy, and a True Story of Deadly Adventure by Christopher S. Stewart (Harper)