Armchair travelers are not restricted to travel memoirs, historical adventures and grand tours, and lushly set fiction. They can also tastily travel the world through cookbooks. For your reader who sometimes returns books with crumbs and smudges, consider these five great culinary trips.
- Burma: Rivers of Flavor by Naomi Duguid (Artisan)
- Jamie Oliver’s Great Britain: 130 of My Favorite British Recipes, from Comfort Food to New Classics by Jamie Oliver (Hyperion)
- Jerusalem: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi (Ten Speed Press)
- Vietnamese Home Cooking by Charles Phan (Ten Speed Press)
- Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America by Maricel E. Presilla (W. W. Norton & Company)