Books about books hold deep pleasures—of recognition and discovery—and they offer avid readers and those who spend their working lives in the grand company of books the chance to compare notes. Ranging from a tender book-infused goodbye to the quirky joys of running a small, independent bookshop, these titles give readers a chance to read about reading.
- Phantoms on the Bookshelves by Jacques Bonnet (Overlook, dist. by Penguin)
- My Bookstore: Writers Celebrate Their Favorite Places To Browse, Read, and Shop. ed. by Ronald Rice (Black Dog & Leventhal)
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (Knopf)
- All Roads Lead to Austen: A Year-long Journey with Jane by Amy Smith (Sourcebooks)
- The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap: A Memoir of Friendship, Community, and the Uncommon Pleasure of a Good Book by Wendy Welch (St. Martin’s)