Addictive fiction of all kinds awaits in these five novels, ranging from stories featuring Jack the Ripper reborn in modern London and the start of the New York City police force to a steampunkish, mobster-filled, end-of-world ride, would-be criminals just looking for a bit of cash, and a torturer-turned-savior. Spring is blooming crime novels.
- S. J. Bolton’s Now You See Me (Minotaur: St. Martin’s)
- Lyndsay Faye’s The Gods of Gotham (Amy Einhorn: Putnam)
- Nick Harkaway’s Angelmaker (Knopf)
- Owen Laukkanen’s The Professionals (Putnam)
- Mark Allen Smith’s The Inquisitor (Henry Holt)
Keep an eye out as well for series favorites such as Donna Leon’s Beastly Things, C.J. Box’s Force of Nature, and Christopher Fowler’s The Memory of Blood.